Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fall Post card mailing... and PROVERB

I am combining my work over the past two days with the Illustration Friday theme:  Proverb. This is a wise one that I hope to follow:


"Every Picture Tells A Story"



For the front of my fall postcard I decided to create a boy a little bit older than the one in my painting for the NY Public library exhibit.  On the back, instead of How to Ride a Dragon 101,  I substituted a useful handbook,  Dragons for Dummies.   I'm sure it will come in handy.



And for anyone who wants to wallow in proverbs, here is a handy link.

6 comments:

theartofpuro said...

Perfect for the topic and for the mailing card:)

Juan said...

Wonderful postcard Ginger!

Di said...

Nicely done!
Love the additions of the wings. Gives a nice sweep of color.

Bobo said...

And your picture make me dream of having a pet dragon!

MrBibleHead said...

Wow! love the layout and the colors! perfect. Your illustrations always make me feel all warm and fuzzy! Thanks for the proverb link Ginger. I had a blast skimming through them.

Andrew Finnie said...

Hey, well this looks great, great swep, great little boy and great expression on the dragon's face :)

cheers !