Friday, December 18, 2009

Did you Trim the Tree?




Along with that question comes another... who helped?

In our house my strong husband wrestles the tree and lights into position and I get to hang our treasured ornaments on the tree. Some of those are over a dozen snoopy plush characters that one of our daughters has given us over the years. Another is a gift from our other daughter, a small owl that goes on first. Others include favorites of our son when he was little ( now a dad with little ones of his own) and some that I made from sculpey clay and one shiny one my neice made from an old CD disk. Others include handmade gifts from friends, students and my mom and dad and my husband's family.

Do you decorate as a family? Do you have special favorite ornaments? Do you have a blog where we can see your tree?

4 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

We do- but my most cherished Christmas decoration is all the art project my daughters have made over the years- that I hang along the trim of our dining room window!

Kelly H-Y said...

Oh yes ... it's definitely a team effort! :-)

Dena E's Blog said...

What a FUN and wonderful blog you have!!!You're truly very blessed with a talent from God!!!
Its a joy to feel inspired when you stop by other artists blogs and especially when you can get a friendship going.
It's just another way I am blessed!!! So thanks for sharing and please do come by my blog or website anytime. I'd be thrilled!!!
MERRY CHRISTmas and new Year Blessings to You!!!
Hugs Dena

Mônica said...

Hi Ginger--

Just wanted to wish you a very merry Christmas, and a wonderful new year!

We usually have a little potted tree, that I decorate with tiny ornaments, next to a clay nativity scene from Peru. We like to decorate listening to "A Charlie Brown's Christmas." :-)