Sunday, February 4, 2007

Color Study


I have been working on a new book. When I create the sketches for the text I take a day or two in between to do color studies.
This is a small sunset study. It won't be in the book so I can show it here. But I will say that in this book I will be using more of a painterly technique than I have in the past. It just seems to fit the total theme so much better.
  • ©GingerNielson2007
  • 8 comments:

    Paige Keiser said...

    Beautiful! It looks like you used tradition medium in this Ginger, did you?

    Anonymous said...

    Ginger it is spectacular! The colors are perfect.

    isay said...

    lovely and peaceful. i like sunsets....

    Anette Heiberg said...

    These colors looks so beautiful! Great to hear that you're working on a new book!

    Anette Heiberg
    www.wynlen.no

    Amy C. Moreno said...

    Ginger,
    What a warm beautiful light, beautiful sun. I really like the textures you've been using in your work lately. seems I can reach out and touch it.

    Julia Kelly said...

    Ginger- this is wonderful- the color is so powerful and it just screams- "Africa"

    bobby casumbal said...

    amazing illustration! very successful use of warm colors through out. i love the wide open feel of the sky. so much depth!

    Unknown said...

    I know more about this beautiful illustration than anyone. when this book is published it is going to rival Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Wizard of Oz, Babar etc. I know from where I speak, besides the amazing artwork ( which is tremendous) the story is also from the same genius. This is not flattery, it is a fact! This book will be loved by every child for generations to come! If you could actually know James Barie, Frank L. Balm, A.A. Milne. You Have Ginger Nielson! This is someone to truly admire, respect and thank your lucky stars that you know her!!!!