Sunday, April 13, 2008

SCBWI New England Conference

This past weekend the New England Regional Chapter of S C B W I met in Nashua, New Hampshire. Along with the wonderful insights of authors and illustrators from the world of Children's Books comes the added treat of meeting other artists and authors in person ...Face to Face ...and being able reach out and actually touch and chat with them.

Speaker author / illustrator Melissa Sweet, and illustrators Kathy Weller & Nell Ma'luf are pictured on Kathy's blog. I was fortunate to meet with them and exchange views on art, our own daily lives in illustration and much more. At lunch I had the pleasure of spending time with multiple award winning author/illustrator, Lita Judge, my neighbor and friend, down the road. You can check out her books here.

The conference was highlighted by wonderful guest speakers, workshops including a fun and informative look into the world of a digital artist, Jennifer E Morris whose book "May I Please Have a Cookie?" has just topped the 500,000 mark in sales.

Tiring and fun, the conference always leaves the participants (this time over 550) ready to dive in and tackle that perfect picture book, young adult novel and grow as authors and illustrators.

1 comment:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Wonderful, Ginger! I saw the great photo of you 4 on Kathy Weller's blog. I am glad it was so inspirational. I think Ineed a dose of that right about now!