Wednesday, June 6, 2007

School Visits


I spent a wonderful day with the children of Pierce Elementary School in Bennington, NH. We had a great time getting to know each other and I had a chance to show the students some of the ins and outs of digital artwork. Along the way we read from 'Princess Caitlin's Tiara' and 'The Adventures of Cali.' I brought along my own Princess Tiara to wear, just (well almost) like Caitlin's, and each child who listened to the story about Cali got to take home a Cali finger puppet. The one that I made is from cardstock, but the one that will be presented when the books come out later this summer will look like the fuzzy one shown here next to Cali's book cover.

I was really impressed with the attention, interest, and teriffic good manners of all the children!

2 comments:

Don Tate II said...

Sounds like fun! Now, question. I've been wanting to blog about this, but decided not to. Right now, I'm currently chasing down two schools who didn't pay on the day of the visit (like my contract says). Does that happen to you, too? How do you get around this? I don't want to be hard nosed about it, but I feel like I've put more energy into trying to get paid then in the actual presentation.

Ginger*:) said...

Hey Don, I sent you an email, but for anyone else wondering the same thing, I usually try to visit the school a few weeks before the visit if possible. If not I will send regular mail. In each case my contract is presented. It contains a sentence stating that the honorarium is due at the close of the last session on the last day of a visit.