Saturday, January 8, 2011

A new direction for the cover

The more I looked at the cover for the story I am working on the more I could see where it needed improvement.  For one thing the bears are too close to the ground and too large in the hollow of the tree.
I made them smaller, added some of their behinds to bring depth into the scene inside the hollow and redid the tree bark and fading grass.  Now I am happier with this part of the cover.  More to work on, but I am glad I changed it.

Sometimes simple pictures are the best.  I won't be adding as much  "stuff" to this version but I will create some interest for the wraparound.

1 comment:

Roberta said...

I like the direction you're went with this. That's what's great about being a digital artist, big changes aren't as much of a problem.
Can't wait to see it finished Ginger!