Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sneak Peek at When Wishes Come True


©GingerNielson 2009-all rights reserved
This is a sneak peek at the book I just finished illustrating, by Barbara B Slater. Hopefully it will be available this Spring. The story, WHEN WISHES COME TRUE, is a beautiful one that I enjoyed illustrating. It was also my first all black and white chapter book.
There is a certain challenge in illustrating in all B&W. Some tones and textures need to be carefully thought out and rendered because color is not an option. Subtle shadings can be a challenge when you are normally asked to illustrate in color. Add to this the challenge of creating digital images with the same care and attention you would if you were using traditional media.

2 comments:

valerie walsh said...

It is incredibly beautiful Ginger! i love it and can't wait to see more :)

Unknown said...

Ginger,
I love your work. Why digital? I'm curious.
This is a beautiful piece. I love the shading you've done.
Janet