Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Smart Writers......WIN for 2007


I am pretty happy tonight. The results of the Smart Writers WIN for 2007 are in. Congratulations are in order for Elizabeth Dulemba ( grand Prize winner) and Paige Keiser second place illustration, (both of whom I am sure you know...at least their wonderful illustration work.)
I am honored to be among the top three illustration entrants for the second year in a row. Wow! I think I posted parts of this image before, but just the same here is my third place entry.
Illustration - Judged by Scott Piehl and Lauren Rille, Sterling Publishing

1st Place (tie) - Elizabeth Dulemba's "Lula's Brew"
1st Place (tie) - Michael A. Tyson's "Little Detective_Messy Monster"
2nd Place - Paige Kaiser's "Beach Day"
3rd Place - Ginger Nielson's "Fishing"v

10 comments:

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Ginger!!! Big group hug!!! (No hairballs)
What a great honor to share with friends!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:)
e
Elizabeth O. Dulemba

patrice barton said...

Congratulations, Ginger! Your illustration is lovely! :)

roz said...

YAY!!
Many congratulations to you , Ginger. I love this piece very much.
xo

Anonymous said...

You so deserve this Ginger! Huge Congratulations!

gail said...

A big congrats to you!!! Two years in a row. WOW!! :)

gail

isay said...

cOnGrTuLaTiOnS Ginger and to all the winners!

isay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy C. Moreno said...

Yeay Ginger! I love this image. It deserves to be a winner. Celebrate!

Eugenia Gina said...

congrats Ginger! and I loooove the drawing.. you deserve it.. :D!

Julie said...

Congratulations Ginger! Wonderful illustration. I really like this use of materials (watercolor and ink?)!