Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Beginning ....

This is a traditional painting that I am working on. But being more of a "tradigital" painter, I photographed the start and put it into the computer.  The reason?...

I need to add a child to the painting, but I am not sure where I want to put him.   Riding, running alongside, sitting high above,   ... just not ready to commit to the painting.

So I will fiddle around in the computer until I find the best match for Mr. Dragon. Once I have figured it out I'll sketch in the child and paint him in to the spot I choose.   I can take full advantage of the computer  to find the best answer.

As I advance I'll show more of the process.  I have to admit I love painting with real paint from time to time, but so appreciate the advantages of the Wacom and Painter and Photoshop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is an amazing look at the work that goes into the finished product! I LOVE each step. They are themselves amazing works of art all on their own. No matter what stage.