Saturday, October 4, 2008

ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY ~ SUGARY-( the Pettifour-Pinafore )


Ameila and her grandma spent the whole morning creating sugary pettifours. They were having a lot of company for a special luncheon.
     " I wish I could eat just one or maybe two and then serve our guests, 
 because if we serve them all, they look so good that there won't be any left."
     "I know, and that's too sad isn't it." said grandma. 
      Ameilia thought for a while.
     "I know, we can share them! But, before we do I must have just one!"
     Amelia's grandma smiled and  let her choose the perfect one and then she said,
"I have an idea Amelia. Let's paint some designs on your pinafore. Then you will always have a SUGARY reminder of what we baked today."
    " A delicious idea!" exclaimed the child, and together Ameilia and her grandmother painted delightful designs on her pinafore.
  " What a nice way to remember this day!" grandma hugged Amelia and they carried the tray of sugary delights into the dining room to wiat for their guests.

15 comments:

Bee said...

Wonderful! This looks so inviting, great colours :)

valerie walsh said...

Amelia's grandma sounds like the bestest!!! I love this Ginger, the story and illo are magical :)

studio lolo said...

What a terrific idea and illustration. Wow!!!

Kris-Tea said...

Great work!

Juan said...

Very nice work illustration Ginger!

DK said...

sweeeeeeeeet!

Roberta said...

Only one? How to pick...I'd choose the one with the bee on it.
Sugary sweet goodness...both the story and the illo!

Linda Kay said...

excellent! love the image & the story...so complete in a few words & in one image...wow!
(I pick one of the butterfly sweets)

INDIGENE said...

Ooh this is so beautiful and colorful! I love it!

http://indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

A grandmother after my own heart. Which one would I choose? All of them! Beautiful!

NANCY LEFKO said...

what a fabulous Grandma and delightful little cakes :)

Bobo said...

Aww! What a fabulous idea, sweet stories and illo! I like the beautiful painted pinafore, and wish to eat one of the smiling face!

isay said...

so beautiful! lucky Ameila

thedoodlegirl said...

Very sweet story. I love your intricate detailing!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, beautiful idea