Monday, February 4, 2008

Finding your flaws....


Somehow it never looks the same in print as it does during those wonderful hours after 2 am when you are finally finished with a project. The realization is good, just the same, because it only means I can do better. Today I received my copy of an educational reader segment. While on the surface it is good, colorful, tells the story exactly as requested, it lacks the perfection that I am currently striving for. I can only print this tiny example of a painting within a painting, but even here in this image that reproduces at maybe one third the size, I can see areas for improvement.

I suppose we all feel the same way, or at least most of us do...we can always do better. The big shocker for me is how many of the illustrators and artists I know or read about occasionally have the some of same feelings. And their work is amazing!

So do you all ever feel that way? Like there is a long way to go...uphill....with a bag of rocks on your back....??

3 comments:

Amy C. Moreno said...

Ginger,
How familiar the feeling is...of having it all done and then seeing things that I wish I had done differently. This is a wonderful image.

Anonymous said...

I feel this way all of the time. As a beginner, new to the concept of imaging on the computer, I feel inadequate when viewing my completed work.
Thank you for posting this thought.
Janet

BLUEANGLER said...

Good thought...if your friend keep telling you "this is your best work so far..." I guess you are in the uphill route... and that is a good sign... I like to find a flaw in my illustrations actually and remember to imrove it next time...
- Those are good works as always!