Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another Wall...




I mentioned hitting the WALL a few posts back. This has nothing to do with that 'wall' that writers and illustrators sometimes need to overcome. Rather, it is the wall I am painting for our summer theater camp for the children in our town and surrounding communities. The theater camp is open to children in our area who are entering grades 2-5 in the fall. Each year for the past three years I have been lucky enough to be invited to paint scenery for the plays that are performed.

This year the staging calls for some interior walls. This is a sample of one of the two 8foot high walls. There is more to come, including some 11' flats, and another interior scene. This small sample is a working model for the larger painting. Somehow the final product takes on a life of its own and although I would LIKE it to mirror the initial small idea, the larger scenery somehow requires some tweaks that are needed for the stage. Once the sets are up I'll post some pix. Stay tuned and see if I can make it all work.

No comments: