Thursday, March 8, 2007

Winters past...

Maybe some of you know that after I was a first grade teacher and art teacher I was also a travel agent. It seemed that no matter what my profession was...the one that paid.... I was still deeply attached to illustration of some kind. I found this picture among some others, from my travel agent days. I had permission to create an entire wall mural of painted figures, (cotton)snow and old world villages each year for the wonderful couple I worked for in NJ. This is just a portion. The figures were created in a sketch book with pen and watercolor and the buildings were painted on butcher paper with acrylics. We saved the little people and animals from year to year and added to them each year.
  • ©GingerNielson2003
  • 4 comments:

    Amy C. Moreno said...

    Ginger,
    It's amazing! You must have had such fun doing that each year. Do you still have the figures? It's wonderful

    gail said...

    How fun! Funny how creativity spills over into so many areas.

    gail

    Anette Heiberg said...

    This looks fun! Great!

    Anette Heiberg
    www.wynlen.no

    Anonymous said...

    Wow what a huge amazing project Ginger! I would hope that some children got to see this, because they would really love it! So many things to see.